Sunday, July 24, 2016

fun competitions done

Like mentioned that week-end fun competitions had been shedulded. 

The first one was a relay team-competiton, both teams did well, being on the podium (2nd) and also top10 (9th place). For data go www: landkreislauf.de. Me, I did run round about 4,2k in 16:40 min sec, that´s an average of 3:55 min/sec a kilometer. Luckily that 7th leg was not too hard. First athletes had to run downhill, with inclination was pretty enough, so I needed to talk to DJ Diabolo, who had worn his head-phones to listen to his own mixes, in order to let me pass him by to be in second row. 

What about strategy? Only fun-competiton? Thus I asked our team-manager and he advised me to go for 10th place, and with to be the 9th that stage I did so my job, a hard run, as it became pretty hot and humid, after the course left shadowed areas to go right straight further to the finish-line besides an old channel-system for ship`s ahoy in the former centuries. Nowadays, we have the Rhine-Main-Danube-Channel-System that area, in which the swim-split of Datev Challenge Roth has been done, a great event this year also, with Jan Frodeno among, who made the fastest time ever along the 226k (7h 35 min). So the second-half of my leg was pretty hard, I needed to defend ranking.

After a beer without alcohol in (alkoholfrei) and twaddling with finishers, also orga-team and friends, well, pretty busy a new friend and me walked back to the village of where the start had been, and I drove back to the local pool to be a part of the pilot, to reach the second fun-competition, the swim&chess duathlon I mentioned. 
All I can say out of my role in this is to mention openings. And all I want to say is we didn´t talk about gambit. It wasn`t the day of battle-simulation, we had a real hard situation in Munich, as you can see of the GSG9, the German anti-terror unit, that was needed to be launched. 


Concerning relay, both teams had been honored by the opportunity of a local feast in a big tent, a nice gathering of many athletes. Politicans did well not to cancel that traditional and really pretty well organised sport-event esp. the closing-ceremony. We all agreed on life goes on and had a good time. However, not so easy to forget what happened. I also twaddled with guy from security-business, who`s company secured the feast like it is usual at those feasts country-side, and he confirmed of the politicians desicion was right, as there had not been a warning for Northern Bavaria, however, some of his collegues had been sent to the South of.  


Today IRONMAN Switzerland is done in Zurich, the most little cosmopolitian-city of the world like people from Zürich say so. Also me, well, Zürich is, a very nice town. Nice memories, but not only.



Oh dear! The Ironman Switzerland wasn´t the only event that week-end,  
picture is from Saturday before race-day, Zurich inner city, July 2011 


Last but not least build-phases are complete, almost, so with the next week tapering starts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet home Bavaria...- where the skies are so blue & white.

  Time came, time went by and me? Still there? Still there. Well, all I can say is that I am a triathlete. Having found a true home in Ger...